I constantly use the baseline Dynamics CRM virtual PC image provided by Microsoft Over here. As do many other people I know and work with.
We seem to all frequently encounter the issue when the image is either a) booting or, b) coming out of hibernation that the Integration Features fail to start. When this happens you will usually receive both the below error, and subsequently a notice from Windows that “…one or more services failed to start.”
The error text from the above dialog is:
Could not enable integration features Ensure that the remote access and Group Policy settings in the virtual machine operating system allow remote connections. Please contact your administrator for more details. you can continue without these features. Integration features enable sharing of clipboard, printers, drives, smart cards and supported plug and play devices between the virtual machine and the computer.
When this happens, take the following steps:
- Select Continue in the above error dialog
- Once the virtual machine has finished starting
- Go to the Windows Services manager
- Locate the “Virtual Machine Integration Services” service
- Stop and Re-Start the service
- Now, in the Virtual machine client window’s menus
- Select Tools, Enable Integration Services
- Re-Login if prompted
All of the features of the Integration Services should not be fully functional again for this session.
- One is pleased to be of service